Dredging Injuries

Boston Harbor is going to be dredged to allow larger ships to visit the port. If you or a loved one are injured dredging in Boston, or anywhere else, call us to learn about your rights. We have many years of experience handling dredging cases and have fought for the rights of workers injured while dredging, even bringing a case all the way to the United States Supreme Court. All kinds of dredging workers are eligible for compensation, including:

Deck workers
Crane operators
Engineers and mechanics
Pile drivers

Free Consultation • Contingency Fees • Se Habla Español

If you are injured on a dredging project, you may be a Jones Act Seaman, entitled to special protection under the law. THE KAPLAN/BOND GROUP is recognized as one of the nation’s leading Jones Act law firms representing the legal needs of seamen throughout the United States. We have over 30 years of trial experience in the very complex area of maritime and admiralty law.
An Uncommon Area of the Law Requires Uncommon Experience

If you have been injured while earning your living at sea, it is important to understand that admiralty and maritime law is not like common law. There are nuances and differences that even the most experienced trial attorneys don’t know, unless they have worked in cases involving Jones Act claims. Our firm offers maritime law experience.

Injured but not a U.S. citizen? Under the Jones Act, all injured workers, including visitors, U.S. citizens and “undocumented” workers or residents, may be eligible for accident benefits.

If you have been injured at sea, or have lost a loved one in a fatal accident while working on a vessel, talk to us right away. We have trial experience at every level of admiralty and maritime litigation. A landmark victory was achieved before the United States Supreme Court in the case of Stewart v. Dutra Const. Co., 543 U.S. 481 (2005). The ruling expanded the rights of injured seamen nationwide. The Stewart decision is an example of our ability to challenge the law and, when necessary, change it.

Contact us to learn more about the Jones Act and how we can help you file a successful claim for damages.